Thursday, November 09, 2006

Crackle & Sake

Isn't this just the cutest little loom you ever did see?

It's an eight harness metal table loom with an 8.5 inch weaving width. And it has a 15 dent reed! I got it a year or so ago when I bought a weaver's Gilmore floor loom...this little one came with it along with lots of shuttles. It's been out on loan for awhile and now has made it home.

I am going to try it out on some crackle samples I need to whip up for the Crackle Study Group that I am in. It's part of Complex Weavers. The samples are due in early December. I need to make ten. I've got the pattern and yarn selected. More later...

As I measure out my 5/2 warp in the dining room...homemade sake is being bottled in the kitchen; a sake for the holidays.

Yes...quite an evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The loom looks interesting...looking forward to what you do with it.

Homemade sake? Gee, I live in Japan and have never come across that before....?