Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Prologue

I have finished my first draft of the prologue for my mystery story. I am planning twelve chapters along with a prologue and epilogue. The heroine, a Westside divorce attorney has a loom in her office where she weaves undulating twills to clear her mind and solve issues on her complex cases.

Yesterday I finished weaving the prologue. Characters are depicted with weft color while a variety of undulating twills depict actions and atmosphere. In the prologue the characters are doing everyday things until a murder interrupts the peaceful atmosphere.

Here's what it looks like in both color and gray scale....and now onto chapter 1.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What fun! I love that idea of weaving being so tightly incorporated into your book. I've been working on a novel, too, though mine doesn't have any weaving connections.