Remember this scarf?
Right after writing that blog entry I went and warped my loom with seven yards...yes seven yards of bamboo with a basic twill set up. My idea was to weave fabric to make a jacket for a wedding I was going to. I wove one inch of tabby and one inch of an undulating twill then stopped. I have not touched that loom in over a year except to move it to three different positions in our living room. Needless to say, the wedding came and went. I just could not imagine myself weaving seven yards of undulating twill. Or at least I think it was seven yards...I have yet to find my notes on this project.
Now I have an idea to accomplish many things.
- Actually weave the warp on the loom instead of cutting it off.
- Create something for our guild challenge on upcycling which is due in early October
- Create another something to submit for the yardage exhibit in Convergence next year...I have always wanted to submit more than one piece.
- Keep me inspired to both weave the yardage and write my first draft of my mystery story
- And much later have completed both a novel and a jacket.
Yes, I am quite excited to be figuring out how to structure both a weaving and a mystery to tell the same story.
So cool, one story but two mediums with two different results. The same story in words and weft.