Saturday, February 28, 2009

Half a Dozen Bugs on a Scarf

I finished up my first bug scarf in taquete & silk... 20/2 silk warp and 60/2 silk for the tabby and the pattern. There are six different beetles each with their inverse on the back side. The piece has fringe on all four sides and from the photo needs a much better ironing.












The drape is not quite like the sample but perhaps it isn't completely dry. The sample seems smoother and silkier. The next one I will do will have a tighter sett. This is at 24epi which is a bit too loose so I will probably try 30 on the next one.

From a weaving standpoint, It took a couple of weaving periods for each bug. What is a weaving period? It starts when I am in the mood to weave and continues until the dogs want to go on a walk or I have to un-weave too many rows. Usually it's about 90 minutes to perhaps two hours.

3 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

It looks so cool! Love it!!

I think the camera adds wrinkles to fabric somehow!!

Sue

Notes from Nicki said...

Well, I ironed the scarf again and it got less wrinkled and much softer. I am contemplating ironing it again.

Peg in South Carolina said...

Hi Nicki, I have a little surprise for you. To see if you want to accept it, check out my latest blog post here:
http://talkingaboutweaving.blogspot.com/2009/03/another-pause.html