Friday, October 10, 2008

Mondrian Over Easy

Title: Mondrian over Easy, my conversation with Piet Mondrian

The Conversation

Piet: I construct lines and color combinations on a flat surface, in order to express general beauty with the utmost awareness.

Nicki: I use egg shells to make my lines emerge and metallic thread to make my colors pop but since the earth is round I prefer my curves to your flat surfaces.

Piet: Oh, curves are so emotional.

Nicki: But emotion ignites inspiration.

Piet: Nature inspires me… but I want to come as close as possible to the truth and abstract everything from that, until I reach the foundation of things.

Nicki: I understand. But does that not beg the question- which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Piet: Intellect confuses intuition.

1 comment:

Peg in South Carolina said...

This is wonderful! Both the conversation and the hat.