I just finished my first piece on my new table loom. I was requested to weave a hat band for someone for Christmas. I think it will look quite nice on one of his dark hats.
Although I have 16 harnesses, I only used ten since I didn't feel like making up a pattern. Since I have never woven plaited twills - I selected four examples and wove them into the hat band.
The loom works quite nicely. With a graceful sweeping motion of the arm, I can knock down all the levers and move on to the next threadling. It took a bit of time to get a uniform beat with that swinging beater but I got the hang of it and the patterns in the later half of the hat band are more balanced.
Now onto weaving something a bit more unusual...