Sunday, March 19, 2006

Inspiration for Dinner


The colors of Judi's bookmarks was inspiration for dinner this evening....

We walked to the Farmers' Market this morning in hopes of finding some orange cauliflower. We heard the chef from Border Grill talk about how wonderful that type of cauliflower was. At our market there was no orange...but we found these two instead. They reminded me of the bookmarks I wove last week so we decided to try them out at dinner.

There is a little olive oil, chipolte pepper, garlic salt and some time on the weber grill in their future.

2 comments:

Shell said...

Wow, I had no idea that calliflower came in colours?
Very cool bookmarks by the way.

Notes from Nicki said...

Thanks! I must admit I liked the green cauliflower better than the purple. The purple seemed to have no flavor. I would also recommend a light uniform dusting with chipolte vs. a more hapazard one. A bit too much and there is no way you would recognize this vegetable as cauliflower.