Monday, January 23, 2012

Beetles at Rest

Beetles at Rest

Earlier this month I took off my first run at my next series of beetles off the loom.  Here's a photo of them resting.  The twenty beetles here were too big for my studio desk so I have them hanging off of a watercolor in the study.

Due to the sett and color selection they are much bolder & bigger than the previous series.  And after tweaking the designs, they are more anatomically correct...at least from an artists eye; perhaps not from an etymologist's.

As you can see I am weaving four at a time; each in slightly different colors.  I will be framing them in two different ways and keeping one set for myself.   I took these off so I can perfect the finishing and framing in case I need to modify the size of the final pieces.

No comments: