Monday, November 27, 2006

Knitting?

You might be wondering...am I still knitting? Well...kinda.

That blue and white shadow scarf is still WIP after so many months. But I did start an 'easy to knit' scarf to work on during Thanksgiving. It had to be one of those mindless patterns that I could pick up and put down since there is always a lot of talking as well as activities at these family gatherings. It seemed a much healthier activity to do with ones hands than eating all day. We started Thanksgiving early, with a 5K run which wiped me out for the rest of the day. I brought the knitting but never took it out of that handy ziplock bag.

The yarn I use for my knitting is a cotton/modal blend from KnitPicks. It's plain yellow. I may dye it someother color when I am done.

My scarves seem to lengthen and narrow as I wear them...some may be at my ankles if I wear them too much more. Ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration but I am experimenting with this next scarf to see if I can get a more normal looking scarf. I have designed it to be 1. wider so it ends up more than three inches wide 2. with knitted stripes for greater stability vs. vertical ribs which just keep stretching and 3. way shorter so it stays above my knees. I haven't even finished one ball of yarn yet, so no picture yet.

No comments: